Re: [RRG] Geographic aggregation-based routing

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 11:38 AM,  <HeinerHummel@aol.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 9:04 AM,  <HeinerHummel@aol.com> wrote:
>> But geographical labelling does, and, it does NOT need any distribution
>> mechanism.
>
> Will say, your example doesn't manifest any problem.

Based on: http://bill.herrin.us/network/geoag.gif

The path I claim your algorithm picks for packets from D to E is
wrong. It subjects an unaffiliated third-party to an unbounded and
unrecoverable expense. The only valid path from D to E is D-C-G-F-E.
If your algorithm might pick some other path, your algorithm is
broken. Period.

This is your "put up or shut up" moment. If you think your algorithm
picks D-C-G-F-E to get from D to E -AND- picks H-G-C-B-A to get from H
to A (the only valid paths for those two communications), show us how
nodes C and G over in "right area" make those polar-opposite path
selections based on the aggregated knowledge that destinations A and E
both reside in "left area."

Or shut up about geographical routing. Give it up for bad and put your
mind to task on the next possibility. Please.

-Bill Herrin

--
William D. Herrin ................ herrin@dirtside.com bill@herrin.us
Falls Church, VA 22042-3004