Re: [RRG] Geographic aggregation-based routing

The emails of this thread have been about the shortest path computation in a network where any subset of links are allowed to be used only in one particular direction.
I wonder whether the described solution (replacing links by either two or only one arrow,assigning any predecessor only if there is a fitting arrow from there) is or is not common place?

It has always been useful for QoS/SLA/available bandwidth sensitive/etc  routing inside any OSPF network.
Can either OSPF-experts or edu-folks comment on my question?

Myself, I know about this trick since the early days of PNNI where there were uni-directional uplinks (i.e.without inversely directed down-links).

Heiner