Re: [RRG] thoughts on the design space 4: encapsulate vs. translate

So for the moment this leaves me with the following "best" design:

1. Employ something like NERD for the mapping table, no caching
2. Identifier spaces are allocated per organization, PI style, and we do not attempt to solve the host identifier-locator split 3. Translate or encapsulate when talking from an upgraded network to another upgraded network
4. Translate when talking to a legacy network

Jari, can I ask you one question. Does your host have every DNS name in the Internet cached (or should I not use the evil word "cache" but "stored" instead)? Why not? If you did, you wouldn't get delays connecting to your favorite web sites. Do you think it's practical? And if so, why hasn't it been deployed in our DNS implementations?

Dino