Re: [RRG] thoughts on the design space 3: caching

Dino,

LISP can do both Jari. It's not wedded to one way or the other.

I realize that. I'm not trying to criticize LISP or any other solution dataplane solution. I think I said in the initial mail that LISP + NERD would not have this problem. But I see a fairly broad design space -- we COULD do anything, but what SHOULD we do? I think it would be useful to narrow this down.

In particular:

- caching is responsible for a number of problems people have with the solutions - there does not seem to be a compelling reason that the caching-or-not design should affect the architecture - FIB caching is something that you could do in today's routers if you wanted to

Jari