RE: [RRG] Renumbering...

Hi David,

Sorry, I thought that we had shifted to map-n-encap models and specifically
LISP.

|> and to have the mapping aggregate, then there can be a need
|> to renumber EIDs.
|
|So, purely for sake of argument, let's say:
|
|EID = domain name
|Locator = IP address
|Mapping function = DNS_lookup(EID) -> Locator
|
|(Please don't go down the rathole of DNS not being a good mapping
|function, I'm just using it for illustrative purposes)
|
|What are you saying needs to aggregate and why do you believe
|renumbering of EIDs would be necessary?

In this case, you need the EID's to aggregate (they do, by domain).  If you
decide to change the mapping providers (i.e., you decided to move from .com
to .org) you would need to renumber (i.e., change hostnames).

Tony