Re: [RRG] Renumbering...

|We have said this many times before in LISP fora, PI addresses
|used at
|sites are the EID-prefixes that map to topologically aggregatable
|locators.

That's confusing at best... While you may be allocating them from the same
number pool, an EID prefix is *not* the same as a PI address.  In

No, that is confusing. From a LISP architecture point of view *whatever addresses are assigned at the site are EID-prefixes*, period.

That's the only way to get true incremental deployment. And for IPv6, those EID-prefixes will mostly be from PI space. For IPv4, EID- prefixes will be out of both PA and PI space.

What's confusing is trying to say that you get 2^32 addresses for each of EIDs and RLOCs. That's not what I am saying.

particular, if someone starts advertising that EID prefix into normal BGP, is that going to be propagated? Hopefully not. The last I heard, you were
talking about aggregating EID prefixes.

The only boxes that advertise EID-prefixes (the few of them), are PTRs for interworking purposes.

Dino