Re: [RRG] Separation vs. Elimination

On Sun, 2008-09-21 at 11:23 -0400, Steven Blake wrote:
> In GSE there is no notion of globally unique edge site prefixes.
> When a host resolves an address for another host in an external site
> and
> sends a packet to it, that packet has (one of) the RG(s) of that
> external site in it's destination address field.
>
> GSE is just a very clever form of NAT.  NAT in general is a separation
> scheme that does not require the mapping you describe above.

As I said in an earlier post, I still feel GSE requires a mapping system
like other separation schemes.  The mapping is just in the DNS record.
If an edge site stopped using the RG provider specified in the DNS
record, it must update its authoritative servers to map itself to a new
RG that IS one of its current providers.  This is a mapping change.

Dan Jen