RE: [RRG] A data point on transit MTU size

Dino,

Then, consider any link with linkMTU < ~2KB as "marginal"
and in need of replacement. As long as the ITR can detect
that there is a marginal link in the path, it can still
push packets through using SEAL reassembly at the ETR
while a trouble ticket is called in on the link.

Once all of the < ~2KB links are eradicated, there will
be no more reassembly required at ETRs. Then, the same
approach can be reiterated for more robust definitions
of "marginal", and eventually everything smaller than ~9KB
will be weeded out and we will converge on a jumbo-clean
Internet.

Sound like a plan?

Fred
fred.l.templin@boeing.com