RE: [RRG] A data point on transit MTU size

But, that's just it. We're not talking about steady-state
line-rate reassembly for the long term. We are talking about
very short term identification and eradication of marginal
links in the interdomain core that probably should have
been replaced years ago anyway - and for relatively low
cost. As the obsolete links go away, reassembly at ETRs
dissipates and the Internet eases into a comfort zone that
includes all-jumboframe links everywhere. IMHO, it is well
worth the (very) short-term transition.

Fred
fred.l.templin@boeing.com