Re: [RRG] 2 billion IP cellphones... IPv6 RIB burden adding to IPv4 burden in...

In einer eMail vom 30.09.2008 12:40:10 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt rw@firstpr.com.au:
Short version:   To what extent can we consider the routing scaling
                 problem of IPv4 being in some way added to the
                 IPv6 routing scaling problem because in practice
                 the one router with the one set of RAM and CPU
                 resources will often be handling both IPv4 and
                 IPv6?

                 Wesley George suggested they are connected in this
                 way - and I don't recall this being discussed
                 before.

Every now and then, there is another topic which are absolutely non-issues for TARA:

Charging? No. No prefixes will be left for being charged.
Scalability wrt intra- AND inter-domain routing? Not a big deal for TARA.

And now: Solution which services IPv4 as well as IPv6: Well, if forwarding is based on a geo-location-ID being a table's offset, i.e. without looking at the destination address, then that destination address may be whatever it is: IPv4 or IPv6, it doesn't matter.

Heiner