Re: New version of charter text

On 1/26/2005 10:49, Kurt Erik Lindqvist allegedly wrote:
On 2005-01-26, at 16.28, marcelo bagnulo braun wrote:
what about a new shim API? I mean a new API that allows the apps to communicate with the shim and inform about failures or other stuff, would this be within scope?

Well, I added the transport layer "hints" as proposed by Erik, perhaps we should rewrite this into simply "shim layer API" ?

Greetings. A good API will be OS-specific. The best we could do would be at the semantic level. You could, possibly, write something about requirements on an API, but I don't think it should be in the charter at this time. Generally I think APIs, having nothing to do with what goes on the wire, are out of scope for the IETF.