Re: New version of charter text

Kurt Erik Lindqvist wrote:

On 2005-01-26, at 16.28, marcelo bagnulo braun wrote:

El 26/01/2005, a las 13:20, Kurt Erik Lindqvist escribiÃ:

 draft-ietf-multi6-l3shim-00.txt [to be published shortly]

FWIW this one is already available FWIK

Oops. I missed to remove that. Thanks!

[What other topics are explicitly in/out of scope?]

what about a new shim API? I mean a new API that allows the apps to communicate with the shim and inform about failures or other stuff, would this be within scope?

Well, I added the transport layer "hints" as proposed by Erik, perhaps we should rewrite this into simply "shim layer API" ?

I'm not sure we should commit to an API. We might well want to specify it conceptually, i.e. a bit more than hints, but not really get into the API deinition game, which the IETF usually leaves to others.

Don't we need to include the additional items that are mentioned above as milestones also, such as: ingress filtering solution, mechanism for establishing new communications with legacy hosts, TE capabilities description?

TE, and perhaps ingress filtering I envisioned in the applicability document. The new communication establishment I envisioned to be addressed in the multihoming event trigger document (but come to think about it, this perhaps should be somewhere else).

It might be separate. But we could decide that later.

   Brian