RE: New version of charter text

Kurt,

A small comment:

> The WG will not consider items outside the above scope, such as
> interaction with mobility, transport level solutions, or alternative
> identifier formats. However, the WG will consider developing methods
> for the shim6 level to handle transport layer signalling to the shim6
> layer as in scope.

I'd suggest changing the last sentence to:

  ... However, the WG will consider developing methods
  for the shim6 level to handle transport layer events (or indicators)
  to the shim6 layer as in scope.

i.e. - change 'signaling' to 'events.'

TCP retransmit timeout, for example, being an event the shim6 might be
interested in.

> [What other topics are explicitly in/out of scope?]

Definition of multihoming policy should be out of scope.  It should be possible
that different policies can be used with shim6; policies such as link rotation,
failover policies, etc.; but definition of the policies themselves should be
out of scope, as these policies may be dependent on deployment issues.

John