RE: shim - transport/app communication

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Jeroen Massar wrote:
> supports IPv6 addresses, though I have to note that shim6 should be
> named 'shim', as this trick can also work for IPv4 and then they would
> not even need IPv6 for that matter. But the minimal requirement we could
> set is "use a getaddrinfo() loop to cycle through all the addresses",
> the ULID magic can be put in the getaddrinfo() function which returns
> ULID's instead of the routing IP's.

This was brought up in the BOF as well. We have never had as a charter
item in multi6 (the work shim6 builds on) do work on solutions for IPv4.
If we where to address that as well, that would be a question for the ADs
to discuss. However, I think we should focus on making this work for v6
first, that will keep us busy enough...

- kurtis -