Re: how mobile do we want to be

	Thierry,

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Thierry Ernst wrote:
> opportunity window and that we may be losing a good opportunity to solve
> once for all the mobility problem if we don't investigate it further.

During the BOF I made the point that there is little or nothing special
with mobility in the context of shim6. And I personally think that what
input is needed should come from mobile working groups. But we need to
work on some form of update to the charter also with the ADs.

> However, I'm not sure it should be the purpose of the Shim6 WG as my
> understanding is that it would produce Experimental RFCs, so I would
> find myself satisfied in this situation, provied mobility is
> investigated at the IETF.

I don't think shim6 is targeting Experimental RFCs, but rather Standard.

- kurtis -