charter [Re: how mobile do we want to be]

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Dave Crocker wrote:
    "The first
     paragraph must give a brief summary of the problem area, basis,
     goal(s) and approach(es) planned for the working group.  This
     paragraph can be used as an overview of the working group's
     effort.

     To facilitate evaluation of the intended work and to provide on-
     going guidance to the working group, the charter must describe the
     problem being solved and should discuss objectives and expected
     impact with respect to:..."

Your initial response was that this is a difficult effort to summarize.
Apparently it does not strike you as boding poorly for the likely outcome of
this work.  If the charter cannot summarize the problem and the benefit, what
are the odds that the community is going to be clear about the concrete
benefits?  For that matter, what is the likelihood that the working group
participants are going to have rough consensus about the problem, goal, or
utility?

To me, it doesn't seem to be too difficult to summarize this. Well, I didn't try ;-).

After all, we are not solving "the site multihoming problem" so we don't reference an architecture document -- just one but possibly important subset of it. Namely, connection survivability across failures when using multiple PA addresses... everything else is bonus.