Re: how mobile do we want to be

Iljitsch,

Please don't forget: adding a new address in the middle of a session is a security nightmare. The only way this can be done reasonably is with the help of strong crypto (magic PKI dust) or a home agent that is impervious to

I'm getting a bit frustrated on this thread. I sympathize on the need
to have a constrained problem to work on. But obviously we are in any
case using strong crypto, or would you not call HBAs strong crypto? And as
I have explained in a previous e-mail, PKI means infrastructure
and we have a number of known techniques (some even implemented
by several teams) that can do mobility with public keys, but without
any need for infrastructure.

Note: I'm not suggesting that we widen the group's focus --
there seems to be a set of people who want to work on a constrained
problem -- but lets be clear about the reasons.

--Jari