Re: proposed text for charter

Jari Arkko wrote:

The multihoming problem consists of the ability of sites or nodes to
be connected to multiple IP service providers for the purposes of
redundancy, load sharing, policy or cost reasons. The scope of the
shim6 WG is to develop a solution which is characterized by the
following constraints:

While the text is certainly more informative, I'm not sure this is
a complete list of constraints, requirements, or goals.
So is this a list of considerations (which isn't necessarily complete), or is it a mixture of assumptions (such as multiple PA addresses being used)?

o  ULIDs are actual IP addresses such that existing applications can
  continue to work unchanged, and that application referrals work.

The draft-ietf-multi6-app-refer is a bit more nuanced than just "work unchanged". Based on what we know today, we can make unmodified applications work as long as all the address pairs are working, but in order for the referal-type cases to take advantage of all the address pairs, the applications doing referals either need to use FQDNs, or lists of addresses instead of a single address.

   Erik