Re: shim - transport/app communication

On 26-mrt-05, at 16:50, Bound, Jim wrote:

Your chances of another API other than 3493 and getting multihomed
solution deployed in the real world of implementors and products is very
slim. I also do not believe this is necessary. The ULID concept
requires much more details and grilling technically.

I agree. If we had a clean API, the multihoming issue would have been much easier to solve. But we don't, so we have to do it the hard way. We still need to work on an architecturally clean API at some point, both because it's the right thing to do and because 20 years from now or so we'll find ourselves in the same situation. (And I'm not a career programmer, so maybe this isn't so much an issue for those who are, but I find the current API almost unusably complex and arcane.)