Re: Flow label - the problem

El 21/04/2005, a las 19:50, Iljitsch van Beijnum escribió:

On 21-apr-2005, at 16:25, marcelo bagnulo braun wrote:

We have a host A with 4 addresses: IPa1, IPa2, IPa3 and IPa4 and host b with 2 addresses (to keep it simple) IPb1 and IPb2
Now a communication between these two hosts. The shim context between host a and host b has IPa1 and IPb1 as ulid and, because whatever reason (policy, efficiency) host a decide only to include on alternative locator in the context, say, IPa2 and host b does not include any additional locators. At this point, the context 1 between host a and host b has: ulids: IPa1 and IPb1, locator set for a: IPa1 and IPa2, locator set for b IPb1.

I see the problem. Howerver, this should be easy to fix even if we don't want to mandate exchanging the full locator set (which doesn't seem unreasonable to me). In BGP and other routing protocols systems usually have a router id so another system can detect that it's talking to the same remote system over different links. We can do the same thing here. This value doesn't have to have any meaning to the remote system, the only requirement is that it's unique. A good choice for this would be one of the IP addresses of a host or maybe the interface identifier if that contains enough uniqueness.

but in this case, the real context tag used for demux would be the id, not the flow id value. so you would have to include it in every packet, back to where we start, i am afraid.. or i am missing something?

Regards, marcelo