Re: Flow label versus Extension header - protocol itself

On 4-mei-2005, at 8:32, Greg Daley wrote:

(It should be possible to implement the shim in middleboxes.)

Please, Please let's not go there!

Too late... This has been on my list of desired features for years.

I don't think changing packets by insertion of headers unbeknownst
to the host is a good idea.

Why not? It happens at lower layers all the time. As long as the packet that is eventually processed by the upper layer protocol is the same as the one sent by the remote upper layer entity there shouldn't be any problems.