policy information in dhcp

The dhc wg just discussed taking on http://www1.tools.ietf.org/tools/ rfcmarkup/rfcmarkup.cgi?repository=http://internet- drafts.org&draft=draft-fujisaki-dhc-addr-select-opt-00.txt as a working group item. The idea is to configure the IPv6 policy table from DHCPv6.

Margaret said that it's not like the ipv6 wg is asking for this. However, I think this, or something like it, would be very useful when deploying the shim, for instance to avoid hitting ingress filtering needlessly or to do traffic engineering.

We may want to formulate a position as a wg on this.

Iljitsch