Re: addition of TLV to locator ID or locator ID set

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Jason Schiller (schiller@uu.net) wrote:

You can leave the shimming function on the end hosts and insert an
additional shim  by intermediate routers such as Paul Jakma suggets.

I was envisaging that the 'shimmed' hosts (ie the ones using shimmed prefixes, the shimming being done by some intermediary router(s)) would be completely unaware and even potentially using non-shim6 capable IPv6 stacks.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma	paul@clubi.ie	paul@jakma.org	Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: