Re: addition of TLV to locator ID or locator ID set

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Jari Arkko wrote:

has most often failed. See http://www.arkko.com/publications/SWP03.pdf
for a discussion of some of these cases.

Interesting. <comments sent off list>

No. There were, in fact, a number of other fundamental issues that led to the selection of CGA-in-ND-options approach in SEND over AH-enhanced-with-CGA. These issues had to do with the division of work within a stack, the expressive power of policy entries, co-existence with non-SEND devices, mismatch between provided and expected models (e.g. number of parties), and so on.

Apologies, I'm not questioning CGA and it's use with SeND at all.

I'm questioning wider off-link, non-ND use of CGA, eg with Shim.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma	paul@clubi.ie	paul@jakma.org	Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: