Re: Design decisions made at the interim SHIM6 WG meeting

Hi,

The following is a list of SHIM6 design decisions made at the interim
meeting of the SHIM6 WG, extracted from the meeting minutes. These
decisions are subject to confirmation by the WG. Your chairs invite you to
review these decisions and we'd like to understand the level of WG
consensus for these decisions by the end of next week (Friday 28th October).

thanks,

 Geoff & Kurtis

2.  Use an 8 byte IP SHIM6 header in the base protocol specification for
   packets that require specific SHIM6 processing by the receiver, and
   allow optimizations on this, including that of a zero-length header, to
   be an experimental protocol extension.

I'm not sure I understood the (several) protocol extensions we discussed to be "experimental" - extensions to the base protocol, yes, but I didn't remember the "experimental" part of the decision.

Spencer