Re: Design decisions made at the interim SHIM6 WG meeting

Geoff Huston wrote:

8.  Do not use locator ordering and index references in SHIM6 control
    messages in the initial base spec

I'm not sure we really decided that at the Interim meeting. In the current proto draft the locator preferences are expressed by assuming that the locator list is ordered so that the relative position can be used in the locator preferences without having to include all the locators themselves in order to express the preferences.

Jari did express that he didn't think this was necessary for the reachability part, but I haven't checked how that work is evolving yet.

So I think it is premature to make the above decision.

   Erik