draft-ietf-shim6-reach-detect-01.txt

Hi,

I hope the internet-drafts people are lenient, because I submitted it a few minutes late and with terrible formatting... For those who can't wait: http://www.muada.com/drafts/draft-ietf-shim6-reach- detect-01.txt

What I tried to do in this draft is to describe what really needs to happen to make reachability detection work. There is very little of the 00 version left, and there are also lots of details that weren't discussed in Amsterdam. An important new aspect is that reachability issues begin context-related, then go up/down to the global host-wide level and come back to the context level again at the end. I also did away with any host ids or context tags: implementations will simply have to infer this information from the locators used and/or trust that the other side knows what it's doing.

In the mean time, I gather that Jari absorbed the previous version of this draft into his. I haven't had time yet to look at his work, but at some point all of this has to merge so that will probably be interesting.

I'll be catching up with what has been happening on the list the past few weeks soon.

Iljitsch