Re: Mention TE in draft-ietf-shim6-proto-01.txt?

aha - thanks for clearing this up. I'm comfortable with "important work TBD"

  Geoff

At 03:53 PM 25/10/2005, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
Geoff, I agree with you on that. I'm not asking for an easy answer,
but more for a recognition in the base spec that this is important
work TBD.

    Brian

Geoff Huston wrote:
I am not convinced about this - TE is a really complex issue here and I'm not sure that this initial base spec is capable of addressing the larger issues of TE in the SHIM6 context. There are a massive set of signalling issues that need to cover the differences between "sites" and "hosts" and "site TE policies" and "host locator preferences". I'd rather not make arbitrary claims that are not covered in this base functionality spacification. That does not say "lets ignore TE", but is _does_ say that TE is a tough problem and requires further consideration than will be found in this base specification.

regards
   Geoff
  (co-chair hat removed)