Re: IPsec Issue Discussed for Shim6 at IETF Meeting July 10, 2006

Joe Abley wrote:

On 18-Jul-2006, at 07:24, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

Sure, in my shim6 world the ULID is an initially valid locator.
Of course, it may become invalid dynamically during the course
of a session, but that will not invalidate the SA as far as
I can see.

Surely the ULID is static for the lifetime of a session, regardless of what happens to the locator set?

Exactly my point; but if the ULID ceases to work as a locator,
it no longer has its initial duality as both an ID and a locator.
And I want to be sure than Jim doesn't see a problem in that.

    Brian