RE: CGA Use with HBA in Shim6 IETF Meeting July 10, 2006

I don't think we can ever require that and nor have we in any spec.  Preshared keys work but the point is that is a market decision not an IETF decision.  We build the protocols with operational guidance in some cases whether or how they are used in the market is a red herring for our work to keep moving forward.  We are more like scientists not marketing and business people.
/jim