Re: visibility of identifier in shim6 payload packet

 In your previous mail you wrote:

   My understanding of the potential problem is as follows:

   - there are multiple ways to implement IPsec:  BITW, BITS, and native

=> note these multiple ways are supposed to provide the same service.

   - BITS and BITW operate below the IP layer.  If these types of IPsec
   implementations talk to each other, there should be no problem if the
   SPD/SAD is defined on the basis of the locators.

=> the choice of the relative positions of IPsec and SHIM6 sublayers
was done and *must* not rely on implementation details (including
native or not native).

   For the native-to-non-native case, this seems to me to be related to the
   IKE NAT traversal problem (RFC3947).

=> BTW the word NAT is authorized in an IPv6 list only with strong
negative terms (:-).

To summary you are following the wrong way: RFC 4301 introduces some ways
to provide the same services, not different services.

Regards

Francis.Dupont@point6.net