From: owner-shim6@psg.com [mailto:owner-shim6@psg.com] On Behalf Of Jari Arkko
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2006 4:34 AM
To: tom.petch
Cc: Geoff Huston; shim6@psg.com
Subject: Re: IPR Notice

How does this affect the Ericsson claim last April which, as I recall, said that Ericsson would not assert its rights

unless anyone
claimed against Ericsson.
Does this claim constitute such a claim against Ericsson?

I am not a lawyer either, but I believe that is something that affects only those two companies, i.e. Microsoft and Ericsson. FWIW, my understanding is that this does not change Ericsson's thinking or implementation plans.

For everyone else, nothing changed except that there is now a second IPR declaration. The relevant information in the new IPR declaration is Microsoft's conditions, i.e., no royalty etc. Personally, those conditions look fine to me.

--Jari