Re: always including the context tag

On 2007-01-02 14:56, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
On 28-dec-2006, at 18:57, marcelo bagnulo braun wrote:

1. Always including the context tag

As I've said many times, it's a very bad idea to unnecessarily increase overhead.

well, i think having an additional header is the clean way to do this, because there is an additional layer that is being inserted and the layer needs to perform its signalling and this is achieved using a extra header.

Clean != best

clean == best, all other things being equal.

We also have ample precedent for non-clean solutions.  :-)

Yes, NAT for example...

   Brian