Re: AD review of draft-ietf-shim6-hba

Hi,

I have done all the changes, except the following, that i think i need some help with....

El 09/09/2007, a las 18:14, Jari Arkko escribió:

Hm. I would rather use the same syntax to avoid breakage, but
the random bits inside. I would suggest finding a suitable
algorithm ID. It really does not matter what the values are,
but you need to describe what the encoding is.

The HBA draft at this moment states that:

   In the
   case that the address being generated is an HBA-only address, a
   random nonce (encoded in DER as an ASN.1 structure of the type
   SubjectPublicKeyInfo) will have to be used as input instead of a
   valid public key.

According to RFC 3280:

SubjectPublicKeyInfo  ::=  SEQUENCE  {
     algorithm            AlgorithmIdentifier,
     subjectPublicKey     BIT STRING  }

and

AlgorithmIdentifier  ::=  SEQUENCE  {
     algorithm               OBJECT IDENTIFIER,
     parameters              ANY DEFINED BY algorithm OPTIONAL  }

AFAIU, the OI for the AlgorithmIdentifier are dfined in RFC 3279 and in particular for RSA:

   The OID rsaEncryption identifies RSA public keys.

      pkcs-1 OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { iso(1) member-body(2) us(840)
                     rsadsi(113549) pkcs(1) 1 }

      rsaEncryption OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::=  { pkcs-1 1}

and

      RSAPublicKey ::= SEQUENCE {
         modulus            INTEGER,    -- n
         publicExponent     INTEGER  }  -- e

As i understand it, what you are requesting, is to define a new AlgorithmIdentifier value for this case, where the content of the key would be a random number.

However, i could only found the values defined in RFC3279. Is there any registry where assigned values for AlgorithIdentifier are stored? (i mean in order to select one value that doesn't collides with other used values and to assign it properly)

Thanks, marcelo