Re: handling mail in Sendmail

On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 05:17:44PM +0530, mpradhan@healthnet.org.np wrote:
> Dear Brian Candler,
>
> I have upgraded the Linux Red Hat from 5.2. to 7.0. The mail handing in
> the  5. 2 Red Hat UUCP was in the following format: user@domainname
>
> With the change in version 7.0 the output of uucp mail has come in the
> following format:
> Sender: mailhost.healthnet.org.np!u.washington.edu!HSR-L-owner

Err, if sendmail is actually rewriting headers such as Reply-To, that's very
bad. But in my opinion, _all_ header rewriting by an MTA is evil.

Where did sendmail.cf come from? Is this the standard one from RH7, or did
you build your own from an m4 file? If you have built yuor own config,
please post the m4 file here for us to examine.

Did you keep your old sendmail.cf or m4 config from your RH5.2 system? Given
the m4 file you should be able to generate a new config which does what your
old one did.

Since I don't use sendmail any more (I have changed to exim) and have never
installed Red Hat 7 (I use FreeBSD these days) I can't give you much more
specific advice, but perhaps someone else on the list can.

Regards,

Brian.