Mail server problem

Hi
I have a problem with a new mail server I m trying to install. We are
using sendmail 8.11.2.-14 with redhat 7.1
the problem is :
- we can't send  email with a mail client from another computer on the
LAN with my server as SMTP server. it failed
 - the server can't receive the mails from others servers on the
Internet. we get the error message: CONNECTION REFUSED BY
mail.myserver.xx
 - but we can send message from the server to over servers by typing
directly the mail from the server mail client
help please,
regards,
souleymane