Re: Mail system problem

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 06:34:55PM +0000, souleymane kante wrote:
> Hi
> I have a problem with my mail system. When my mail server send try to
> exchange mail with other mail servers, sometime we get this error
> message:
> x@globeaccess.net sender domaine does not resolve. or
> Domain of sender address x@globeaccess.net does not resolve.
> and the message is rejected.
> I have setup the reverse DNS and it seams to be OK.

It is your _forward_ DNS which is the problem.

Basically, when you start an SMTP transaction, your system sends

HELO mysystem
MAIL FROM:<someone@globeaccess.net>

and at that point, many mail servers will do a DNS lookup on
'globeaccess.net' for an A or MX record, to check that the right-hand part
of the E-mail address is valid.

If the DNS for globeaccess.net is not correctly set up, then the mail will
be deferred or eventually bounced.

Regards,

Brian.