Re: WG Review: IPv6 Operations (v6ops)

Brian,

Brian E Carpenter wrote:
"Fred L. Templin" wrote:

Summary - the wording in sections (1) and (7) seems to mandate
lowest-common-denominator solutions and ignore solutions that
provide a better fit.

It's hard to avoid special pleading (since the transition solution
with my name on it is in the list), but I do think that there is a strong
argument for concentrating on LCD solutions for the first wave.
I'm sorry; the text of sections (1) and (7) I was commenting on refers
to selection criteria for *new* mechanisms - I had no intention of
labeling the set of solutions already accepted to the wg as "LCD".

Fred
ftemplin@iprg.nokia.com