Re: WG Review: IPv6 Operations (v6ops)

"Bound, Jim" wrote:

> also I do not consider 6to4 an LCD.  It is a custom solution for many users.  And a method that can be used by other mechanisms to work with.

That's why I was concerned about special pleading, but 6to4 wasn't intended
as a custom solution, but as a general technique to help bootstrap IPv6 adoption.

Anyway look again at what I said (or meant to say). I think it's
appropriate to limit an ops WG to simple, hopefully universal, solutions
and it's also appropriate to work on advanced solutions *in their
own WG*. I think that's a win-win. If you look at the amount of
agenda time that DSTM, ISATAP or Teredo have been getting in NGTRANS
meetings recently you can see why they would be better in a separate
group. Just doing it in the market doesn't cut it for solutions that
require host stacks to collaborate.

   Brian