Re: 6to4 MRU - still need WG consensus

Brian,

Since you are clearly trying to keep this thread brief and on-topic,
it seems to me that the fundamental assumptions need to be outlined
so that the community can make an informed decision. Let me list a
few below; please correct any mistakes or add any additional
assumptions I may be missing:

 1) 6to4 interfaces will send IPv6-in-IPv4 packets with the
    "do not fragment" bit NOT set in the IPv4 header

 2) 6to4 interfaces will set a fixed-value MTU and MRU such
    that MTU <= MRU

 3) the 6to4 encapsulator need not implement any mechanism to
    dynamically discover the MRU of the decapsulator (perhaps
    this is self-evident from 2)? )

 4) IPv6 path MTU discovery is disabled for 6to4 interfaces

Fred
ftemplin@iprg.nokia.com