Re: comment on unmanaged analysis presentation/doc

-- jeudi, septembre 19, 2002 03:47:06 +0300 Pekka Savola <pekkas@netcore.fi> wrote/a écrit:

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Marc Blanchet wrote:
case A where IPv4 nat is present:
 - teredo is one mechanism. In fact, what is needed is ipv6 over
 udp-ipv4  (i.e. nat traversal).
 - in this space, tsp with udp-ipv4 encapsulation is also a viable
solution. It also enables the unmanaged network to receive automatic
data  needed for the unmanaged network: i.e. ipv6 network prefix for
example.  (reference = draft-parent-blanchet-ngtrans-tsp-teredo-00.txt).
 - the unmanaged draft says: "A variant of the [TEREDO] technology could
 be  used to establish
tunnels over UDP when the client cannot use a global IPv4 address;
this variant is however not standardized."
  (if this text refers to our draft, then the comment is not
  appropriate:  i.e. the variant is not standardized. teredo is also not
standardized yet.)
Teredo does more than just sets up a tunnel.  In the case of NAT, in
particular, keeping the pipe open is also an important task.
agreed.

 The draft
does not explicitly address this, I believe.
we had a hard time to write this document, because it was enough similar to teredo. So we decide to only state the diffs. And you are right that the info on the keep-alive/bubble is not really discussed.

should be fixed in the next rev.

Further discussion on teredo/tsp should probably be sent to ngtrans.
I leave it to the chairs.

Marc Blanchet
Viagénie
tel: +1-418-656-9254x225