RE: ocean: do not boil

> ASP is an enterprise, IMO.

Be good to get the group to all agree about this so the Enterprise Design Team
understands that from the beginning.  I for one was unclear whether folks felt
ASP stuff should be in the Enterprise.  I don't care either way.  Just want to
know early on as I am sure my colleagues on the Ent Design team want to know too.

> Restricted use of TCP relay is IMO a rather good transition
> solution for
> some services.

Not sure yet either way.  But the more relays, ALGs, and parts of this nature that one puts in the network will also cause more stuff for the users and operators to manage.

Maybe we need to have matrix somewhere and possibly in each scenario a "degrees of complexity/performance" for the overall operation of the network?

E.G. (this is just for discussion making no judgements of complexity/peformance below
just view as "model" for discussion)

Legend:

C1 == Not complex just tunnels
C2 == Medium Complex tunnels and gateways
C3 == Very Complex tunnels, gateways, relays, bump-in-apis

P1 == best performance
P2 == fair performance
P3 == least performance

Scenario1 Solution A  | Sceneario2 Solution B  | Scenario3 Solution C
     C1/P3            |     C2/P1              |   C1/P1

The scenario, solution, and methods of transition would affect the
matrix entry.

We would need template to cause the most "objetive" analysis of course so it is
not subjective or supporting any specific agenda.

Could this actually be an informational rfc for v6ops too?

regards,
/jim

/jim