Re: quality of v6 connections [Re: unmanaged scope comments]

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Bill Owens wrote:
> Of course other R&E networks have had native v6 capabilities for
> quite some time, too. One thing that stands out for me with respect
> to this path is that it crosses five ASes and all the participants
> are running released code on standard hardware, routing IPv4 and IPv6
> with the same boxes. And for most of us that means all the boxes - we
> have no IPv4-only routers any more. I'm not sure how many other
> networks are doing that (if you are, I'd like to compare notes ;).

We have a full dual-stack backbone in Finland.

> Of course, NYSERNet, the Oregon GigaPoP and Abilene are not the 'real
> internet', where 'real internet' = 'commercial DFZ providers'. But we
> definitely aren't the 6Bone either.

Sure.. but I calling that (using today's terminology) "IPv6 Internet"
would be as much joke as calling the-network-that-was-in-1980 an Internet.

A good joke.  Heh!

(Sure, you weren't making such an assertion.)