Re: unmanaged solutions comments

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but I would expect that any tunnel
between the same two endpoints would follow the same underlying path,
regardless of how it was set up. Everything is driven by the destination
IPv4 address, after all. Unless you have some sort of traffic engineering
going on, but that's always an exception case.

During the lifetime of a tunnel the underlaying path can change due to policy or failures (or even restorations), without it affecting the functionality of the tunnel as that is based on the IPv4 end-point, just as you point out.

Best regards,

- kurtis -