Re: IPv6 tunnel over NAT

At Fri, 27 Sep 2002 23:02:16 +0300 (EEST), Pekka Savola wrote:

> I think we just need a generic bidirectional tunnel through the NAT;
> in addition to using some UDP port there should be some keepalives
> and such of course.  Plain and simple, always works, no problems at all.

In general, I think this is a reasonable approach (assuming that the
scenario work supports it, but I expect that it will).

No doubt there will be cases in which it will not work (particularly
restrictive NAT boxes or firewalls), but perhaps we can build
consensus around the idea that in such cases PPP/TCP is ok?

> Except it must be manually configured.

Including some kind of authorization model, yeah.