RE: Operational requirements for a unified 6to4/isatap/teredo/6ov er4/SIIT solution

Hi Cyndi,

At 02:54 PM 10/2/02, Jung Cyndi-ACJ099 wrote:
I agree with Brian and Tony.  Besides, a grand unified tool is just going to
be one
more tool - I thought v6ops was going to start from scenarios in different
environments , examine the problems in each and show how the currentset
of tools apply or reveal where we need another tool, but only with great
justification create any new transition tools.
Yes, this is what we are chartered to do.

Hopefully, in the course of this effort, we will analyze our scenarios
and determine what sets of distinct requirements exist for tunneling
solutions, and determine the right set of mechanisms to best meet
those needs.

Part of the analysis process will include understanding the strengths
and weaknesses of various proposed solutions, and combining/modifying
solutions as needed to create an architecturally sound and consistent
set of solutions.

This should include an overall understanding of how the solutions
will interact and/or how a given node will determine which solutions
to use (manual configuration, some type of auto-detection, etc.).

Margaret