Re: Proposed 6to4 work

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> I'd like to propose that v6ops takes on the following items:
>
> Support for Multicast over 6to4 Networks (6TO4-MULTICAST)
>  draft-ietf-ngtrans-6to4-multicast-01.txt
>  (to be renamed draft-thaler-ngtrans-6to4-multicast-01.txt)

I'm a bit skeptic whether this can be made to work, and the fact that some
200 lines of comments I sent on the list on 11 Jul 2002 went unresponded
didn't exactly help my skepticism..

> Security Considerations for 6to4
>  draft-savola-ngtrans-6to4-security-01.txt

The draft has focused on trying to spell out the filtering rules that
could be done when implementing 6to4 .. but it takes no stance on "6to4
relay trust" issues.  Those issues could be added if there's some thought
how they can be solved (I can't think of any other than propagating more
specific routes which doesn't seem to be an option).