Re: New draft on embedding the RP address in IPv6 multicast address

[ post by non-subscriber.  with the massive amount of spam, it is easy to
  miss and therefore delete mis-posts.  so fix subscription addresses! ]

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 14:21:44 +0300 (EEST)
 Pekka Savola <pekkas@netcore.fi> wrote:
> Hello,

Dear Pekka;

   A quick question about Section 4 :

  o "plen" MUST NOT be 0 (ie. not SSM)

     o "plen" MUST NOT be greater than 96

   The address of the RP can be obtained from a multicast address by
   taking the following steps:

      1. take the last 96 bits of the multicast address

      2. zero the last 128-"plen" bits, and

      3. replace the last 4 bits with the contents of "RPad".

If "plen" is = 1 (say), which seems to be allowed, then how do
I zero the last 127 bits of a 96 bit slice of a multicast address ?

I am pretty sure this is not what you mean, but this is what I read it to say.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks