Re: New draft on embedding the RP address in IPv6 multicast address

Mike,

Mike O'Connor wrote:
Brian,

Is there an underlying assumption that a given group has all of it's
sources in one PIM domain?
     In a previous append, I pointed out that there is still an
open issue with a sender being outside of the PIM domain that
allocated the address.

ASM in V4 doesn't restrict the number of RP's per multicast group. How
does the proposal support an ASM conference where all participants are
in different AS/PIM domains and each is both sender and receiver with
it's own RP?  I'm seeing this as supporting SSM but not ASM.
Why would SSM need an RP?  SSM support is a part of RFC 3306, which
this approach is based on.

Brian