RE: New draft on embedding the RP address in IPv6 multicast address

[ post by non-subscriber.  with the massive amount of spam, it is easy to
  miss and therefore delete mis-posts.  so fix subscription addresses! ]

Brian,

Is there an underlying assumption that a given group has all of it's
sources in one PIM domain?

ASM in V4 doesn't restrict the number of RP's per multicast group. How
does the proposal support an ASM conference where all participants are
in different AS/PIM domains and each is both sender and receiver with
it's own RP?  I'm seeing this as supporting SSM but not ASM.

-Mike

--
Mike O'Connor,                  E-mail: moc@es.net
Network Engineer                Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)